Job Title: Business Development Coordinator
WMFDP|FDP Global is a U.S.-based, global leadership development consultancy devoted to helping leaders create inclusive organizations. We partner with courageous leaders at Fortune 500 companies to build inclusive organizations and to transform lives. Our work goes deep, touching hearts and minds.
Overall Objectives for this Role
The Business Development (BD) Coordinator is a member of the Business Development team. The Business Development Coordinator’s primary responsibilities are sales-focused including but not limited to sales administrative duties, client communication and customer relationship management (CRM) maintenance. This role calls for methodical attention to detail and excellent communication skills, the ability to nurture client relationships and serving as the communication link between Business Development and other internal partners.
- Initial triage of new inquiries, including research and assessment of lead qualification based on WMFDP | FDP Global’s target criteria.
- CRM input, including capturing company and contact information and tagging for communication segmentation.
- Produce Scope of Work agreements and coordinate review with BD and Finance Director.
- Makes initial assessment of RFPs received by WMFDP and manages the RFP response when WMFDP chooses to submit.
- Generate proposal documents and oversee proposal templates and new content.
- Develop relationships with specific clients by contacting soft inquiries, dormant leads, webinars and open enrollment attendees.
- Schedule initial calls between clients and the Business Development staff.
- Coordinate sales-related aspects of product launches and industry-focused development efforts in coordination with cross-functional teams.
- Write and edit a variety of content to support the sales cycle, including email templates, proposal content, etc.
- Prepare reports for the sales team that improves and furthers sales efforts.
- Prepare forecast reports on a monthly basis or as needed.
- Monitor CRM data for accuracy and completeness.
- Assist with client onboarding and communication/handoff between BD and delivery teams.
- Ensure documents comply with WMFDP | FDP Global Brand Guidelines.
- Manage proposal documents such as Pandadoc content library.
- Take on a select portfolio of new prospect accounts.
- Provide training for users of Nutshell and Pandadocs.
- Understand and coordinate automation needs with other internal teams.
Skills & Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in business development, communications or a related field, or 2-4 years of professional experience. (NOTE: This is not a marketing position)
- High attention to detail and strong organizational skills.
- Able to manage and prioritize multiple deliverables.
- Demonstrated familiarity with the general principles of business development and relationship sales.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Proven written and verbal business communication skills, including samples of work.
- Strong skill in Microsoft Office, Google Suite, and Slack.
- Experience with Customer Relationship Management system.
- Strong project management skills:
- Able to manage multiple tasks and keep multiple projects on their respective timelines.
- High attention to detail, including data, dollars and numbers.
- Ability to gather and analyze multiple perspectives and needs and synthesize them into a project plan.
- Sales or business development experience preferred.
- Ability to give and receive timely feedback and to be open to a variety of viewpoints.
- Experience building and contributing to an inclusive team environment.
- Desire to engage in diversity, equity and inclusion as an individual, as part of the WMFDP team and in support of clients and partners.
Compensation & Benefits:
- Paid Individual Medical & Dental Insurance
- Retirement Matching
- Paid Time Off
- Short & Long Term Disability