Curriculum Design Manager - Summary Objective
The Curriculum Design Manager (Curriculum Designer) is an essential part of WMFDP’s curriculum and consulting team supporting the facilitation and delivery of WMFDP sessions, globally. This role is accountable for creating session designs and other curricular material for in-person experiences (Caucuses, Labs, Summits and customized sessions) and ensures that associated session materials such as PowerPoint slides and experiential exercises have been created, prepared and distributed.
WMFDP is a U.S. based, global leadership development consultancy devoted to engaging insiders as change agents who create inclusive organizations. Our staff of consultants are expert artists, adept at moving clients from the head to the heart and into partnership and alliance. This position provides the design (canvas) on which our artists’ paint. This position requires someone who is familiar, if not immersed, in diversity, inclusion, and equity.
- Prepares or oversees preparation or modification of session designs within the quality, content, and branding parameters established by WMFDP.
- Ensures each design accurately details and describes how sessions are to be facilitated.
- Ensures accurate naming and filing of all session designs and associated materials, such as power points, handouts, and videos to allow both ready access for consultants and to maintain the organization of WMFDP’s intellectual property.
- Maintains the integrity and viability of the Design Library and File Structure
- Oversees new content vetting, working with the Design Team
- Advances WMFDP’s pedagogy and impact through design and delivery excellence.
- Efficiently and effectively manages the production of designs within the allotted time and budget constraints.
- Sources, on-boards and manages contractors and partners for session Powerpoint presentations.
- Acts as bridge and cross-pollinator to keep consultants informed of new processes, content, exercises, and videos that may serve the client’s outcomes.
- Applies new technology solutions to the design, archiving, filing, and delivery process as appropriate.
- Facilitates and Co-facilitates WMFDP sessions (Summits, Labs and custom or Application/Integration sessions in order to better understand the Firm’s audiences, curriculum and the work of consultants
- Works as a contributing member of the WMFDP professional staff, supporting all functions when needed.
- Researches new thinking and applications for core content elements insider/outsider group dynamics, systemic privilege, role conditioning and acculturation, courageous communication, vulnerability, bridging difference, cultural fluency, etc.
- Researches new videos (US and International) that help anchor in curriculum concepts.
- Reviews new designs developed by key creative consultants and looks for opportunities to cross-pollinate innovative approaches and designs as needed.
- Serves as a resource for consultants delivering customized sessions.
- Curates new content ideas for consultants
Successful applicants will possess:
- Previous knowledge management experience with a practitioner-based organization, preferred.
- Familiarity with the theory and practice of experiential learning
- Background and experience in the facilitation and delivery of sessions related to inclusion, diversity and equity for adult learners
- Experience working in corporate learning environments
- Excellent organizational skills with a passion for getting the details right
- Humility, curiosity, courage and openness
- Attention to detail and the ability to balance timeliness with quality
- Highly collaborative and able to work and contribute to a team environment
- M. Ed. in designed or process facilitation, Instructional Design or equivalent, preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Able to work in all presentation and graphics programs including advanced application of PowerPoint, Adobe including InDesign, Keynote, Prezi, etc.
- The emotional maturity to have the messy conversations about race, gender, sexual orientation, and or other dimensions of difference.
If interested, please submit a resume and a brief (500 words or less) description of why you would like to work with WMFDP and how your experience and skills match the requirements for the position.
WMFDP, LLC is deeply committed to the principles of equity, diversity, and inclusiveness and seeks to create a pluralistic community for all staff, independent contractors, and vendors.
WMFDP, LLC is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer. Minorities, women, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.